GRUB multiboot_elfxx.c issue
yanvasilij yan
2018-07-02 10:21:05 UTC
Hello! I suppose there is error in ./grub-core/loader/multiboot_elfxx.c in
130 line. Becose of it I get a error:

loader/multiboot_elfxx.c: In function ‘grub_multiboot_load_elf64’:
loader/multiboot_elfxx.c:130:28: error: ‘relocatable’ undeclared (first use
in this function)
"load_base_addr=0x%x\n", relocatable,

Regards, Vasily
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
2018-07-02 11:39:32 UTC
On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 15:21:05 +0500
Post by yanvasilij yan
Hello!
Hi,
Post by yanvasilij yan
I suppose there is error
in ./grub-core/loader/multiboot_elfxx.c in 130 line. Becose of it I
loader/multiboot_elfxx.c:130:28: error: ‘relocatable’ undeclared
(first use in this function)
"load_base_addr=0x%x\n", relocatable,
You the patch I just sent for fixing that:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2018-06/msg00102.html

As I didn't have any comments on it yet, I don't know if it's the
proper way to fix it though.

Denis.
Daniel Kiper
2018-07-02 12:31:49 UTC
Post by Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 15:21:05 +0500
Post by yanvasilij yan
Hello!
Hi,
Post by yanvasilij yan
I suppose there is error
in ./grub-core/loader/multiboot_elfxx.c in 130 line. Becose of it I
loader/multiboot_elfxx.c:130:28: error: ???relocatable??? undeclared
(first use in this function)
"load_base_addr=0x%x\n", relocatable,
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2018-06/msg00102.html
As I didn't have any comments on it yet, I don't know if it's the
proper way to fix it though.
This is the proper way. Thanks for doing that. Patch pushed and build tested.
Starting from now I will push only at least build tested patches.

Alex, next time please do full testing of your patches.

Daniel