How can I debug the grub2.02?
Sherry Zhang(BJ-RD)
2018-08-22 10:20:00 UTC
Hi all,
Platform : i386-pc
Grub2.02

I run into a error while I am testing. I have found that it is normal berfore BIOS using the INT19 . But when the linux OS System is booting , I can see the error log.
So I doubt the error happens when the grub is running.
If I want to debug grub, how can I see the booting log of the boot.img and core.img?
For example :
Grub-core/kern/main.c
grub_boot_time ("After loading embedded modules.");
How can I see this log?

Best regards,
Sherry Zhang

?????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
This email contains confidential or legally privileged information and is for the sole use of its intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use, copying or forwarding of this email or the content of this email is strictly prohibited.
Paul Menzel
2018-08-22 10:36:02 UTC
Dear Sherry,
Post by Sherry Zhang(BJ-RD)
I run into a error while I am testing. I have found that it is
normal berfore BIOS using the INT19 . But when the linux OS System is
booting , I can see the error log. So I doubt the error happens when
the grub is running. If I want to debug grub, how can I see the
booting log of the boot.img and core.img?
For example : Grub-core/kern/main.c grub_boot_time ("After loading
embedded modules."); How can I see this log?
You can use the serial console. Look into terminal_output. If you run
coreboot, you could also use cbmemc.

Kind regards,

Paul

PS: Your footer below is not useful for mailing lists. Please do not
include that in future messages.